OpenOffice

Lynn David Newton plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 09:25:49 -0700

A friend of mine has a Windows machine which until
recently had only the ancient MS Works (notice that's
*not* MS *Word*) for a word processor. At my suggestion
he got OpenOffice. He tells me that he can't save a
document from OpenOffice in Word format. I find that
hard to believe. Is that true?

I've got StarOffice, which I used for that sort of
thing until I finally acquired MS Office on my Windows
machine. The one and only reason I ever used SO was so
I could read and save word processing documents in Word
format. Can it really be true that one cannot save from
OpenOffice in Word format?

I tried downloading and installing OpenOffice on my
Linux system, but the first two times I brought it up
it hung my system so tight I had to reboot. Enough of
that nonsense. I couldn't get it off my system fast
enough.

--
Lynn David Newton
Phoenix, AZ