Maricopa Meeting

Robert Bushman plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 00:21:36 -0400 (EDT)

It would be great to talk with TV5 about the Phoenix
Linux User Group, our interest in exposing more people
to Linux, and the ways we support new users in the
community.

I'd be a bit concerned about the spin of the story:

1. DOOM:
   Is Maricopa County evil and wasting taxpayer dollars?

   This doesn't help anyone. Lin and his team are doing
   what they think is best for the citizens of the county.

2. Saccharin:
   Look at the well intentioned idealists tilting at
   windmills. Aren't they sweet?

   This could work very well for us, as long as we don't
   come out looking like simple-minded penguin huggers. We
   could mention Install Fest, our user support mailing
   lists, and our work with schools like Sequoia.

Of course we should talk to Morgan regardless of whether
we decide to do the story. It is good to show that we
appreciate his interest.

What do you think? Can I contact him with the above
message?

Bob