KDE3.0.3 & the desktop

Bryce C plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
08 Jul 2002 13:44:00 -0700

OK, I should've expected that as soon as I said that all was well with
my KDE3 install, something would void that statement.
I started up my KDE3 desktop last night as I occasionally restart KDE to
update menus etc.  When It had fully loaded, the background was blue.
The same blue as the KDE start-up blue.  I opened the KDE Control panel
and it said that the background was set to what it should be.  In
addition to this blue bg, all my desktop icons are hidden.  I checked my
ps auwwx for a stray/unaccountable process that could be this blue
monster but nothing.

I have not yet tried restarting X/KDE but I figured I'd just post this
first.

P.S. I did not actually change anything before the KDE restart.  I just
wanted to see the extent of KDE3.0.2's session reloading ability.

--
Bryce Chidester
Network Administrator