County Forum Questions

Sun, 7 Jul 2002 22:33:34 -0700 (MST)

Am 07. Jul, 2002 schwätzte Robert Bushman so:

> Agreed. I was shooting for creating a feeling
> of currency - the offense was recent in terms
> of the history of Maricopa County. Is there
> an advantage in specifying 3 years, or is there
> another way you would say it?

Not really. 3 years might also be considered recent in many ways. I just
want to make sure we know the issue and are willing to accept the possible
reprisal for our verbiage.

Maybe mention that .az.us was one of the governmental bodies to recently
accept the judgement against Microsoft due to Microsoft's illegal anti-trust
activities.

> Suppose we put Jim's MC1-902 questions right at
> the front, and add in a "if not, why not?"

No, I think what you originally proposed with the new ordering is much
better.

> Presumeably, if they say, "we will debar them",
> we will all be at down Einstein's Bagels talking
> with Allsing over coffee about which is the
> best distro :)

I like their veggie bagel, but I doubt I'll be eating it under these
circumstances :).

> They probably will say, "we cannot debar Microsoft,
> because we need them". Even if it's not technically
> true, they will feel this way, just as 90% of the
> population does. Since I think this is the most
> likely outcome, I framed the question this way. I
> think gently reminding them that they cannot follow
> their own policy because they are addicted is a
> nice angle.

I think it's better to first ask them about why they need to have a policy
requiring a Microsoft only setup. Then, if and when it's appropriate, we can
spring the debarment issue.

> If Maricopa has another reason for not debarring
> Microsoft, then this question will have to be
> mutated on the fly.

I think the debarment question is the one that needs to be mutated on the
fly.

They might start off the meeting with an explanation of their perspective
responding to the letters that were sent out.

As a prepared setup I think what you have already written is excellent.
Great points. Awesome ways to introduce them. The new order you came up with
after Seth's feedback works really well.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/
#  When you are tired of choosing the lesser of two evils,