Mandrake and KDE

Tom Achtenberg plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 17:50:11 -0700

I just installed Mandrake 8.2 and want to upgrade to KDE 3.0.2  It comes with
KDE 2.2.  I have downloaded the Mandrake rpmm's but have not been able to add
the directory with thme in tas a source ffor the Mandrake Update.  Every time
I try it goes to where it is trying to load the files for the source and
hangs up.  I even let it run overnight.  The only way out is to power off as
it won't even shut down at that point.  The only thing I can think of is I
don't know what to put in the "Actual path or synthesis" space on the sopurce
so I leave it blank.

I tried to simply do a rpm -UV *.rpm in the folder but came up with 6
dependency failures.  I can only find 3 of the needed files on rpmfind.  When
I ran it again after downloading those 3 files the dependency failure list
GREW to over 15.  This is why I want to use the updater but I can't add the
source.

--
Visit my home page at http://www.achtenberg.com

Every DAY 24,000 people die of hunger related causes.  18,000 of these are
children.  Find out how you can help at http://www.Christ4me.com