System will not boot

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 22:55:43 EDT

At the install fest it was determined that I had bad memory in my old system
and could not install. (I am ashamed to admit that I don't know the name of
the gentelman who spent all day trying to help me, but it was to no avail, my
machine was beyoud help).  To make a long soriey short:  I replaced the
memory, replaced old drives with an 80gb western digitial.  The bios doesn't
recognize this drive, however Mandrak's boot CD finds the disk recognizes it
as 78gb and proceeds to install clean.  now the machine will not boot as bios
doesn't find the drive.

Soulations:

       1.  Upgrade BIOS (Can't till monday there are closed till then)

       2.  Work around?  (here is where you tell me how to do this without
upgrading
             bios).

Thanks

Al Templeton