Mandrake 8.2

John Wheat plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 05 Jul 2002 19:12:13 -0700

  Has anyone on the list successfully installed MDK 8.2 using the download
version? I have tried disc sets from three different mirrors as well as
automated, expert and text installs with no luck. Each attempt has locked
up usually prior to asking for the second CD. I have installed Mandrake on
this system dating back to 7.1 as well as RedHat from 6.1 through 7.2.
Perhaps someone would trade me a set ofd RH 7.3 discs for the Mandrake CD's
assuming they are good. I think there is something in the installer that
doesn't like my machine for some reason. I had MDK 8.1 installed previously
so I'm at a loss.

  John Wheat