Forums

Dr.G plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 4 Jul 2002 10:37:50 -0700

Yes, and on a windows 2K machine, because I have yet to be impressed with
the Linux GUI interface. Also, I do not foam at the mouth about Microsoft
and thier products the way some people (not all) do. In fact I think they
make a lot of good software.

Oh, and no I'm not trying to be insulting..just stating a opinion/view :)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michelle Lowman" <mlowman@firstlinux.net>
To: <plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>
Sent: Thursday, July 04, 2002 9:46 AM
Subject: Re: Forums

> Nothing personal, but aren't you using Outlook Express . . . ?  :)
>
> Whatchoo said,
> "Dr.G" <drghastly@cox.net>:
>
> > Nothing personal. But I find it highly amusing that
Anti-Anything-Microsoft people use hotmail. Especially since you now have to
sign up for passport to use it.

create some forums? Instead of flodding everyones inboxes with mainly crap
that people don't want. I look and here and thre I am interested in a couple
of posts but, there has to be a better way. Is there a limit on the web page
so as that we can't put this up? I really think there is be a better way. I
mean you guys are killing my free 2.0mb hotmail limit.

> >   Tim Shapiro
> >   Phoenix, Arizona
> >   Phone: 623-825-0515
> >   Email: TimShapiro@hotmail.com
> >   >From: Dennis Kibbe
> >   >To: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
> >   >Subject: Re: Mon: getting there
> >   >Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 07:51:03 -0700
> >   >
> >   >On Thursday 04 July 2002 05:33 am, G.D.Thurman wrote:
> >   > > On Thu, 4 Jul 2002, der.hans wrote:
> >   > > > Bill, Dennis, can the two of you post some info on how to get
there via
> >   > > > the bus-system?
> >   > >
> >   > > I am not Bill, nor am I Dennis, but I will
> >   > > be taking the bus from Tempe (the Red Line).
> >   > >
> >   > > Bus Routes [general]
> >   > > http://www.tempe.gov/traffic/transit/Routes_Scheds.htm
> >   > >
> >   > > Red Line [west bound]
> >   > > http://www.valleymetro.org/Transit/Schedules/redwbw.htm
> >   > >
> >   > > Cost: $1.25 one way.
> >   > >
> >   > > Thurman
> >   >
> >   >Please note that a new bus book is in effect on Monday, that means
some
> >   >schedules will have changed and many will have new drivers, so check
the
> >   >schedule and get to the bus stop a little early.
> >   >
> >   >Local buses cost $1.25; express buses $1.75. Exact change is
required.
> >   >
> >   >You can pick up a new Bus Book (the new copy has a night shot on the
cover) at
> >   >any library, check schedules online at www. valleymetro.org or call
(602)
> >   >253-5000.
> >   >
> >   >I'll see if I can get Monday morning off, but since we have a
workshop
> >   >starting at NAU next week and our instructor is flying in on Monday,
I'm very
> >   >doutful.
> >   >
> >   >Noticed that Linux and Main is carrying the story.
> >   >
> >   >- Dennis
> >   >
> >   >
> >   >See http://PLUG.phoenix.az.us/navigator-mail.shtml if your mail
doesn't post to the list quickly and you use Netscape to write mail.