Forums

Matt Alexander plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 4 Jul 2002 10:38:29 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 4 Jul 2002, Tim Shapiro wrote:

> Is it possible to put a forum or java chat on the web page?

Yes, of course.  Anything is possible.  ;-)  Finding someone with the
motivation to do it, however, is the bigger issue.  I wouldn't mind seeing
something like Phorum (http://phorum.org) setup on the webpage.  You could
create specific categories (Monday's Gov meeting, for example) and the
people most interested in that category could use it to supplement the
mailing list without cluttering the mailboxes of those not as interested
in the topic.  Plus, there would be a record of everyone's comments so
others could find out what was discussed at their convenience.

So maybe a better way to ask your question would be, "Can I get access to
the PLUG webserver to setup Phorum?"  :-)
~M