Forum to discuss and answer questions on Enterprise Agreement

Tom Emerson plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 13:25:25 -0700 (MST)

I've done a couple of office setups for Linux desktops.  Both we just set
up a deployment server, and wrote a handful of boot-floppies using RH's
python install script.  In both cases, we were handling quite disparate
systems, Dells, Gateways, White-Boxes ...

New computer, just connect the wires, insert floppy, boot, coffee break,
reboot and start working.  The odd system needed X adjusted.  Piece of
cake.  Not a lot different from Solaris kick-start rollouts, but easier.
(and I'll admit that this would have been a LOT more work a year ago, the
distro's have come a long way in terms of hardware support and ease of
installation.

From the various articles I've read over the past couple of years, this is
a very typical experience.

- tom e.