Forum to discuss and answer questions on Enterprise Agreement

Lee Einer plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 03 Jul 2002 17:58:08 -0700

Hi, all-

My two cents-

We have no basis for thinking that Paul Allsing is the enemy- but if
we approach him as such, we will surely make an enemy of him. It looks
like Maricopa County has a lot of money and time invested in
developing their intranet, e-mail system, etc on the Microsoft OS, and
asking them to walk away from that will be a hard sell. The bottom
line is that it is unrealistic to expect the County to cease using
Microsoft products immediately.

The thing that is potentially in our favor here is that if Mr. Allsing
begins to introduce Linux where he can, even on a test basis or as a
pilot project, he will likely enjoy a great deal of media exposure,
and he can let it be known that he is both an innovator and someone
who is saving the taxpayer's $$$. We should let him know that, and
offer our support.

--
Lee Einer

http://members.cox.net/appealsman/