Forum to discuss and answer questions on Enterprise Agreement

Gary Nichols plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 09:53:59 -0700 (MST)

From my previous experience in these types of situations, we would need to
do the following:

1) Appoint at least two people to speak on our behalf.  That way if
$person1 doesn't show up $person2 can take over with the same material and
not miss a beat.
2) DO YOUR RESEARCH.  Make it clear.  You need to establish:
	a) Why are we all here?
	b) Define the problem in depth.
	c) Show why the problem is a problem - future expenses and
ramifications.
	d) Suggest a resolution
	e) Show examples of how this resolution has worked in other
similar areas
	f) Show hardcare dollar savings over at least a 5-year period.
3) Handouts are nice - people (especially in government) are used to
getting lots of handouts with pretty charts, graphs, etc.  Things need to
be in 'executive summary' format.  Just the facts.
4) Speak in a clear, enthusiastic voice.  Keep eye contact. SMILE.  You're
there to assist red-cross-ish style, not greasy-used-carsalesman style.
5) Offer follow-up time, provide contact information, and have fun.

Are there any law students or attorneys on this list?  Motivational
speakers?  :-)