Fstab

Digital Wokan plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 17:39:33 -0700

On Tuesday 02 July 2002 14:29, Tom Achtenberg wrote:
> In my fstab file, for an smb share what entry do I need to give all users
> read/write privileges?

after the smbfs (file system type) entry, make sure the following are added to
the options field: rw,fmask=777,dmask=777

It took me most of an afternoon of hunting between man pages and google to
finally get that answer.  This is the kind of setting that needs more
documentation and examples for sysadmins to study.  (Including the usual
warnings about potential security hazards from using those settings.)