PLUG-discuss digest, Vol 1 #2447 - 13 msgs

Scott Henderson plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 16:34:58 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks, Frank, but dmesg doesn't seem to show everything that
happens at boot.  specifically, mine stops after the entry
showing eth0 is active.  My initialization scripts run after
that.  But I did notice that RH 7.3 lists an option during the
boot process to hit "I" to enter an "interactive mode".  I did
this, and then it allows me to step through.  Using this, I could
see the message, and detemined the script I copied in didn't have
the executable bit set for it.  I fixed this.  Now the script
runs and doesn't log anything.  But vnc still isn't running when
the box comes up.  Any suggestions as to next step?  Thanks!

>From: Frank Mandato <linuxfrank@keyquest.com>
>As root run dmesg from the command line, that will give you all
>the info
>when you boot your system. You might want to use dmesg -less so
>that you
>can read it one screen at a time.
>FrankM

>On Tue, 2002-07-02 at 08:42, Scott Henderson wrote:
> Downloaded the latest vnc, running it on RH 7.3.  I can run the
> "vncserver" script from the command line and it works, but when
> trying to run it at boot, it fails.  I can't find anything in
> logs about a problem, but as I watch the scroll-by during boot, I
> catch some long complicated error string, something to do with
> permissions.  I can't find any permissions problem.  Anyone seen
> this, or have a suggestion how I can freeze the screen to read
> this message?  Thanks!

Message: 4