By Maricopa County rules, Microsoft not Qualified for Government Contracts

Seth Johnson plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 02 Jul 2002 14:52:45 -0400

They're mostly debating the possibility of a test case that
would address the shrinkwrap license issue.  Another person
raises the issue of UCITA.  One side points out that
contract law is the domain of State law and a County is a
perfect plaintiff for such a case; the other is wary about
invoking Federal jurisdiction arguments through such a
case.  This is an intriguing idea, but the most important
thing is to STOP MICROSOFT in Maricopa County!  Many people
will herald you if you pull that off.

Free software in government is a very incisive issue right
about now.  It would be *very* influential in a lot of areas
if this were to happen.

Seth Johnson