Sponsor wrangling

Alan Dayley plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 06:48:47 -0700

On Tuesday 02 July 2002 05:17 am, Robert Bushman wrote:
> Excellant information Alan, completely agreed
> that the first step is nailing down the location,
> and we need to get moving on sponsorship ASAP.

Signing up voluteers for all the other things that must happen is good.  But
pinning down the exact date and place must be top priority so that the event
becomes real.

> On a related note, is PLUG a not-for-profit? If
> so, is it allowed to accept cash donations? Are
> they tax deductible? What about a bake sale?

PLUG has no formal organization.  Not a business.  Not a non-profit.  It is a
bunch of people who get together to talk about Linux.

AZOTO (www.azoto.org) is (or soon will be) a non-profit and does accept
donations.

> I'm wondering what happens if we can't get space
> donated. Can we rent a location? Anyone know how
> much 2,000 square feet (?) of air conditioned
> space for a day is?

I don't know.  Good question.  The Community College would be a great place to
have the event, though.  It seems a natural fit for a community group event.