qmail

sweetgrass plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
31 Jan 2002 11:48:55 -0700

ok i am posting my question again for those of you who had problems with
my color scheme.

i have a question for the qmail people out there. this is my first time
working with qmail, anyway there seemed to be a big push to use Maildir
instead of mbox in the docs that i have read. so that is what i did, i
conf. qmail to use Maildir and non-system accounts. which is partly
working, i can send, so smtp is working find, and i can connect pop3 to
the server using both evolution and OE6. but qmail doesnt seem to be
delivering the mail to the Maildir for the test account. also relaying
seems to be a problem, i followed these instructions but had no success:

8a. Access Control
Before we can start up our qmail smtpd, we need to do some access
control.
The simplest way to do this is by using files in /etc.  I use
/etc/tcp.smtp as my
access control file.  If you don't need to do any access control,
/etc/tcp.smtp can have just
one line:
:allow

Note that a default configuration does not allow for ANY relaying, even
from localhost.
To allow relaying from localhost and your local network, you would have
to use something
like this:
127.0.0.1:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
192.168.1.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
:allow

After you've created your rules, you need to activate them.  tcpserver
works by reading
a cdb (database) file.  You use the tcprules program to build the
database file from your
/etc/tcp.smtp file.  This is accomplished by the following command:

# tcprules /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb /etc/tcp.smtp.tmp < /etc/tcp.smtp

it wasnt until i added the host i was sending, to the rcpthosts file in
/var/qmail/control.

thx in advance for any help.

slr