Samba Config

Matt Alexander plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 20:35:19 -0800 (PST)

Hi Tom,
I'm going from memory here, but I believe the fstab line would be
something like this:

//windowsbox/windowsshare   /yourmntpoint   smbfs    defaults    0 0

So here's how your fstab works:  Field 1 is the device or remote
filesystem, field 2 is where you want the device or remote filesystem
mounted, field 3 is the filesystem type, field four is any options,
and fields 5 and 6 are for dump and fsck.  If your Windows share allows
anonymous access, then this should work for you.  If, however, you have to
login to access your shares, then you'll probably have to put your
username/password in the options field.
~M