Converting mp3 to wav

Wed, 30 Jan 2002 21:26:43 -0700 (MST)

Am 30. Jan, 2002 schwätzte Hunter Kreie so:

> I had the same concern. At first I thought "What about filenames containing
> spaces? Each element will be treated as a different file." Correct me if I
> am wrong, but I'm pretty sure the script Douglas wrote takes care of this.
>
> >#!/bin/sh
> >#
> >ls *.mp3 | while read i
> >    do
> >        o=$(echo "$i" | sed -e "s/mp3/wav/")
> >        mpg123 -b 10000 -s "$i" | sox -t raw -r 44100 -s -w -c2 - "$o"
> >    done
> >## eof
>
> This pipes each line, rather than each element, of the output of ls to the
> read command in the while. So if we had ./Bullet With Butterfly Wings -
> Smashing Pumpkins.mp3, i="Bullet With Butterfly Wings - Smashing
> Pumpkins.mp3" in the first iteration, rather than just "Bullet".

Technically, you're correct. The proper answer, however, is "Spaces in file
names are evil and unnatural. They should be banned and you should simply
removed them from any filesystem where they are encountered!" :).

rm -rf /home/lufthans/tmp/mnt/dows/c:/Program\ Files/  # ;-)

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://home.pages.de/~lufthans/   http://www.DevelopOnline.com/
#  If you're not learning, you're not living. - der.hans