Sendmail/Exim and IP-Address

Gilbert T. Gutierrez, Jr. plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 10:23:56 -0700

I believe that some people mentioned using a CNAME because they have used a
CNAME in the past not knowing that they should not.  Many mail servers will
send mail to mail servers with MX records pointed to a CNAME, but the ones
that follow the guidelines will not.  The CNAME record is only a
redirection record to another record.

Gilbert