Converting mp3 to wav

Wed, 30 Jan 2002 10:09:42 -0700 (MST)

Am 30. Jan, 2002 schwätzte Nick Estes so:

> Be careful when using sed to change extensions, what if you have an mp3
> called something like "foo thump3.mp3", sed will turn it into "foo
> thuwav.mp3".  I know it's not as cool as using sed to do it, but basename
> generally leads to more consistent results in this case.
>
> o="$(basename $i .mp3).wav"

Here you look for .mp3 rather than just mp3. The real key, though, is
looking for a pattern at the end of the string. How do you do that in sed?

perl -e "s/\.mp3$/.wav/;"

That's what you need in the sed match and replace.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://home.pages.de/~lufthans/   http://www.DevelopOnline.com/
#  Like the maid, I don't do (M$)Windows. - der.hans