Sprint/Cox, routers, and DNS

Gary Nichols plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 18:49:04 -0700 (MST)

I was one of the first testers of sprint broadband in the north phoenix
area (back in.... what was it... 1999?) and I found that their DNS servers
were slow as hell.  I did the same as you, and the first lookup was always
slow - but after that it was fast. :-)  I also installed squid for some
web caching and was loving life.  I eventually switched from Sprint to
Qwest VDSL (ChoiceTV) because my signal quality sucked and I was tired of
power-cycling my cable modem every day.  YMMV