VMWare

Derek Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 10:07:28 -0600 (CST)

> > > So:  Is it time for me to get VMWare, so that I can
> > > run Linux all the time and Windows on top of it as
> > > needed?
> >
> > well...  I bought a copy nearly two years ago and I have been having
> > trouble running it off and on every since.

I never had good luck w/ WINE or VMWare, but Win4Lin kicks some ass.
Windows apps run faster on it than native windows (or sometimes it feels
that way), its not a VM so it doesnt have the speed problems vmware does,
but unlike WINE it seems to work.

The best part is it reads ext2 file system in your windows applications so
you can easily read documents from both Linux and Windows w/o some
complicated process.  I suggest you check it out.

-Derek