A silly little thing

Patrick Fleming EA plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 14:32:25 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, Steve Young wrote:

> No I don't, wasn't aware that that had to happen.  Hmmmm, I'll see if
> it came with the Caldera OS I bought.  I bought the one for $69, and I
> don't know if it's included.
>
> Steve

If you don't have some sort of proxy service running then the solution is
not necessarily to run proxy services. If all you want it to have access
to the net from your local network, it is possible using other tools such
as iptables/ipchains (depending upon kernel version and support) which is
a little different to set up than squid/proxies. First of all, without the
proxy service, you wouldn't change much of the original setups- kill the
proxy settings. There is a fairly good iptables howto and other docs at
http://netfilter.samba.org/documentation