Converting mp3 to wav

Jay plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 09:47:11 -0700 (MST)

There are a couple of easy ways to do this. To do it using your script,
this would do it (assuming your script is called "mp32wav"):

cd /path/to/mp3s/
for i in `ls -1 *.mp3`; do mp32wav $i $i.wav; done

This very simplisitc approach would give you all the WAVs named *.mp3.wav
- but that shouldn't be a big deal. Another approach is to create a
playlist in XMMS, and change the Output Plugin to "Disk Writer." That
works quite well too.

~Jay