was ->KMail updates in KDE 3.0

Mike plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 16:42:30 -0500

Speaking of SMTP authentication: How would one set
up the SMTP server (i.e QMail) to handle that.

On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 01:29:34PM -0700, Blake Barnett wrote:
 I know someone has been wishing KMail had SMTP authentication... well
 looking at the list of features that will be in KDE 3.0, it's coming...
 Final release should be March 18th... go here for more info:
 http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/kde-3.0-release-plan.html

     * Maildir support
     * Distribution lists and aliases
     * SMTP authentication
     * SMTP over SSL/TLS
     * Pipelining for POP3 (faster mail download on slow responding
 networks)
     * On demand downloading or deleting without downloading of big mails
 on a POP3 server
     * Various improvements for IMAP
           * Permanent header caching
           * Header fetching is much faster
           * Creating/removing of folders
           * Drats/sent-mail/trash folders on the server
           * Mail checking in all folders
     * Automatic configuration of the POP3/IMAP/SMTP security features
     * Automatic encoding selection for outgoing mails.
     * DIGEST-MD5 authentication
     * Identity based sent-mail and drafts folders
     * Expiry of old messages
     * Hotkey to temporary switch to fixed width fonts
     * UTF-7 support
     * Enhanced status reports for encrypted/signed messages

 Perhaps you could run the alpha... I've heard it's quite stable.

 --
 Blake Barnett (bdb)  <blake.barnett@developonline.com>
 Sr. Unix Administrator

 Learning is a skill, you get better at it with practice.