manual Cox cable config

Nancy Sollars plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 11:17:07 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gontran" <gontran@gontran.net>
To: <plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2002 8:29 AM
Subject: Re: manual Cox cable config

> * Stan Harder (stan@smharder.com) wrote:
> > Interesting thing is that it seems SSH isn't working inbound. Had
> > someone test SSH to my box and couldn't connect. It would seem they
> > aren't allowing that port.
>
> Care to schedule an nmap session?

Since working for CableOne Ive had a huge insight into the wonderful world
of Cox cable

tis true port 22 is closed .. 1st line tech support is useless and I quote
from a phone call made by us to Cox about ssh read on :-

we asked.. We are trying to ssh into our box at home but it fails to connect
have you blocked port 22?

1st line tech support said.. Are you trying to connect to your web space?

we said.. no no no we are trying to connect to our own private box at home

1st line tech support said.. long silence then a dead tone

At which point we broke into extreme laughter .. it does seem that the only
port blocked is 22 ..

We are researching exactly what their setup is since they install for
CableOne in this area..

So Gontran il have the report for you no worries ,,,,

Nige