Things to come...

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.plug.mybutt.net
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 10:43:17 -0700

Victor Odhner wrote:

> Craig White wrote:
> > I find that their new dns servers are virtually impossible
> > to use. Try setting your dns to their old dns server
> > addresses... 24.1.240.33 / 24.1.240.34
>
> The 24 net is Excite, so this can be expected to
> go away after February 28th.
>
> My DNS servers, set up automatically by DHCP,
> are:  68.2.16.38  and  68.1.208.30
>
> I presume that Linux can also track these dynamically
> with DHCP, right?

----
Are you sure about the first one?  Isn't it 68.2.16.30 ???

Try nslookup. Various services hang with those dns servers because they
themselves don't resolve. Indeed the @home network dns aren't likely to
be maintained and certainly can be expected to hit /dev/null after
2/28/02 but at this point, using services that require a happy
dns/identd resolution on the new 'cox' nameservers can be a problem.

Craig