DHCP woes (still)

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.plug.mybutt.net
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 09:35:06 -0700

Carl Parrish wrote:

> Okay I've gone *deep* into study on DHCP (even set up a DHCP server on
> my home network and did some tests with it). But I **still** can't
> connect to cox via DHCP. I've got the hostname set everywhere I can
> think of I've tried dhcpcd -h cx#######-d and pump -h cx######-d. I'm
> not able to get an IP address either way. I'm beginning to think one of
> my ipchain rules must be stoping it. Can anyone think of one that would?
>    Also does anyone know of a script to convert ipchain rules to iptable
> rules?

----
try this...

cat /etc/sysconfig/ipchains > /tmp/output.txt
ipchains -L >> /tmp/output.txt
ps aux|grep dhcpcd >> /tmp/output.txt
ps aux|grep pump >> /tmp/output.txt

and then send us the contents of /tmp/output.txt

You will find that TCP 67 is the port for bootp/dhcp conf but I would
think that the firewall should allow for the return packets.

If you want to temporarily turn off your ipchains rulesets on RH 7.2,
try
service ipchains stop

and then turn them on again
service ipchains start

Lastly, I know of nothing that converts ipchains to iptables

Craig