Absolute frustration

Stewart plug-discuss@lists.plug.mybutt.net
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 07:03:07 -0700

I would be really interested in hiring one of you to fix the problem with my
machine.

I cannot get my dsl connection to work with it.

I have a HP running mandrake linux.  I also have a copaq presario running
win 98.  They both are on pretty much full time.  I am using the Qwest
megabit DSL connection.  I have McAfee firewall and virus software running
fulltime on the windows machine.

Many of you have given me some tips and I am very grateful.  THE MACHINE
JUST HATES ME! (haha)

I am just not good enough at networking to figure this out.  I know that
mandrake has found the eth0 card, because it says so.  But it can never
bring it up.  (probably operator error) I am just not sure what is wrong.

I live near Paradise Valley mall, and would be interested in paying one of
you for your services.

Thanks,
Stew