FTP Server

Brian Cluff plug-discuss@lists.plug.mybutt.net
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 12:54:56 -0700

Look at inetd or xinetd configs....  Basicly you will want it to start the
ftp server whenever someone tries to connect to it.
Depending on the ftp server you can also run them as stand alone servers,
but you will need to doctor your config to tell it to do that.  If you are
trying to use wu-ftpd I would recommend switching to proftpd as wu tends to
be a magnet for getting hacked, and pro will allow you to run as a stand
alone server if thats what you want.  It's also a little easier to
configure.

Brian Cluff