Logitech Cordless Freedom iTouch KB & Mouse

David P. Schwartz plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 12 Jan 2002 12:24:33 -0700

Jim wrote:

> I want to install this puppy on a W98 box .  The receiver comes with a USB
> and a PS/2 connector (yes, I put a USB card in for the scanner on this box).
> Does anyone know how to connect the receiver to the box?
>
> - --
> Jim

I've got this kbd/mouse combo -- love em!  They work great, except when the mouse battery is near death then you get lots of little
popups that say the system just re-established a connection with the mouse even though you had no idea it had lost it.

My receiver unit has two USB plugs on the end and two USB-to-PS2 adapters.  I didn't like the behavior I got from USB, so I used the
adapters and plugged the receiver ends into the regular PS2 Kbd and mouse ports.

FYI: a little known fact -- if you plug your keyboard and/or mouse into a USB port, you can't use them in "safe" boot mode because it
doen't load the drivers.  I guess maybe the vendor could make a special USB driver in the BIOS, but if not you might even be stuck being
unable to edit your BIOS if you've got a USB kbd

-David