redhat download

Robert A . Klahn plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 15:28:12 -0700

Yea, installing RedHat from source is the path of maximum resistance. :)

The speed of the download was probably on RedHat's end, not your line.
ftp.redhat.com is a very slow site, given the popularity of the OS, not
surprising.

There should be a list of mirrors on RedHat's site somewhere, but one that
I have had good luck with is mirrors.kernel.org. I think there is a
/redhat directory, if its not that, then some other name that stands out.

Good Luck.

Bob.

--
Robert A. Klahn
rklahn@acm.org

"Hope has two beautiful daughters: Anger and Courage. Anger at the way
things are, and Courage to struggle to create things as they should be." -
St. Augustine