K-Mail

Lucas Vogel plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 17:16:23 -0700

On Tuesday 08 January 2002 17:52, you wrote:
> There is no where on the network page (or any other that I can find) to set
> up authentication to the smtp server.  I need to pass an ID and password
> that is different from that of the account I am mailing from.

In the Incoming Mail section, you click on the Add... button and you can add
a new account to get your mail. I use KMail on my home computer to get my
email out of my Yahoo Mail account, and it authenticates with their smtp
server just fine.

Email me if you need more information,  but first try setting one up with the
Add... button and also take a look at their help pages - they're pretty
helpful.

HTH
Lucas Vogel