RPM help please

Derek Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 11:40:54 -0600 (CST)

Carl,

Use apt-get.  Seriously, installing gnucash on redhat w/ RPMs or even on
Mandrake seems to be an utter bitch.  It even states it on its website.
You are best off running an older version or compiling from source.

I spent better part of day getting dependencies over 60, to get gnucash to
work on red hat 6.2 boxen.  In the end it still wanted me to update glib
(yeah right) So I went with source.  Then I just decided to use apt-get
instead on my debian box.

GNUCash has started to rely on highly expiremental and unstable packages
which are painful wrt dependencies.

-Derek