Bandwidth Management

KO plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 09:47:07 GMT

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002 17:09:36 -0700, Tony Wasson wrote:
>I have heard of Wireless ISPs using iproute2 tools to manage
>bandwidth.
>
>http://defiant.coinet.com/iproute2/
>
>Tony Wasson

I've found making a freebsd bridge and enabling dummynet works
wonders, but im no fan of bsd unix (go sysV).

I've been experimenting with tc (iproute2)on linux so far its a
million times more complicated to get working right compared to
freebsd + bridge + dummynet. I have it working SOMEWHAT (its not a
work or not work protocol, it will just *kinda* work if its not
played with for hours)

Overall, freebsd + bridge + dummynet works exceptionally well, but it
would probably be quicker to do it at the router level if your router
supports it

--
Kyle O'Malley