seeking broken sound driver advice

Lynn David Newton plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 19:05:55 -0700

  >> I'm having trouble playing some sound files ...

  Eric> xmms menu and select Options/Preferences. You
  Eric> should get the Audio I/O plugins tab panel. ...

That was it!! Awesome, thank you very much!

In the meanwhile, I had reported that mpg123 was not
working either. For some reason the next time I tried
it and every other time thereafter, it worked just
fine. I have utterly no idea why.

However, xmms continued to fail, so I implemented
mpg123 as my default, because I didn't really need the
glitzy GUI anyhow.

Man alive, XMMS has been broken for at least six
months. I never would have figured that out.

Thanks a million!

--
Lynn David Newton
Phoenix, AZ