OT: Solaris 7 or 8 on Intel - URGENT

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 18:20:31 -0500

Joe,

Excellent point which I imediately passed on to the guys trying to install.  They say they tried that with the CDs we have.  They also claim that the computer they are using conforms to the HCL from Sun.  Thus, they want to try "real" Sun CDs.

To repeat: I want to borrow "real" Sun produced Solaris for Intel version 7 or 8 CDs to attempt an install for hardware testing purposes.  I will pick them up where you are.  I will deliver them back where you want them.  I will be very grateful.  My boss will buy you lunch!  Email adayley@adtron.com or call 602-735-0331 if you can help.

Alan

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us wrote:
> Please note that you WILL have problems in setup if
you use the installation CD.  Use the software CD 1 of
2 instead and try it.  I'll bet it will work just
fine.
I struggled with that for quite awhile till I happened
on an obscure sentence in the FAQ.

Joe