OT: Solaris 7 or 8 on Intel - URGENT

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 17:37:06 -0500

Excellent point, Carl (as usual).  However, this will not serve my situation completely for 2 reasons:

1-Those that want it, want it now.  Downloading 3 CDs, even at 384K (assuming all the bandwidth here is mine) will take too long since they want it NOW.  And, what if the download completes and then fails the checksum?  More time to download again.

2-At this point "The Boss" would be hard pressed to trust a downloaded image.  He wants an "honest-to-goodness" Sun produced set of CDs.

The bottom line is that it would be faster for me to just jump in the car and BORROW some "real" CDs from someone this afternoon or evening.  I could probably get him to accept checksum certified, downloaded images but grabbing real ones today is better.

Alan

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us wrote:
> uhmmm wouldn't it come with a MD5Sum?

Carl P.