Certifications - Thoughts?

JD Austin IV plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 22:56:01 -0700 (MST)

I also applied at Insight, and also have the Brainbench PHP master
certification.  They never returned my employment agency's calls (who
called them several times a week for 3 weeks).
I guess its still all about who you know :)
Oh, if the hiring managers at insight read this..
THANKS for wasting my time... and $20(! :)
At least I took the test before they raised the price to $49.  I took a few
more of their free tests so my Brainbench transcript would have more than
PHP master certification, but I wouldn't waste my money on another test
unless I was sure employers really saw some value in it.
I personally don't think they hold the same weight as a regular
certification, though I could be wrong.

JD