Certifications - Thoughts?

Digital Wokan plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 19:25:25 -0700

I think you hit one nail on the head.  I prefer a Brainbench cert to an
MS cert.  MS certs are relatively easy to get because MS wants drones
out there continuing the empire.  Not easy to find an MCSE who would
suggest anything other than Windows.  (They exist, but they're far rarer
than the drone army.)  Cisco is respectable since they are already
considered top of the line hardware and want their certs to reflect top
of the line administrators and installers.  Contrast that to MS's
software which is top of the dung-heap... oh, look at the shiny blinky
flashy things on my Windows system...  Sorry, what was I saying?