Distro Wars (Was: Certifications - Thoughts?)

Matt Alexander plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 09:40:07 -0800 (PST)

> > Second a couple of questions: I've been reading allot about Linux and I'm
> > prepared to install it on my machine at home. (I have a couple of friends
> > that are Linux enthusiast). Which distribution is the one that you, as a
> > list, use? Then again, which distribution is best suited for a Web and

I would think that RedHat or Mandrake would be a good choice for someone
just starting out because they're fairly easy to install.  As you get more
comfortable with Linux, then you can play around with other distros, but
really, once your box is installed and setup, they're basically all the
same.
~M