Walmart.com ditches the OS in new PCs

Digital Wokan plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 23 Feb 2002 13:30:37 -0700

I'll bet a bigger portion of that $180 went into the physical media and
documentation than what MS is putting out today.  With mass-produced
CD's costing under $1 and "documentation" that consists of a 10 page
booklet of how to locate the power switch and where to insert the CD for
further instructions, I think it's much more of an apples to oranges
comparison than you make it sound.