Broadband provider

John Kloian plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 18:57:18 -0700 (US Mountain Standard Time)

It is not official but the rumor is out there.  There was a special
session of the shareholders this afternoon.  Some insiders I know
mentioned that there was going to be a motion to ask Joe Nochio to step
down and then they were going to announce the impending bankruptcy.  From
what I can gather if they do go ahead with the filing they will allegedy
sell off their 14 state ILEC business to someone and chapter 11 the rest
of the operation.  (SBC seems like the most likely candidate for purchase,
but who can tell)

Again, none of this is official in any way, but people who would be in a
position to know have passed this information along.  I have also heard
the same things from other sources over the past week.

/  John Kloian III                                    VP Network Operations  /
/  Opnix, Inc.                                             http://opnix.com  /
/                     .Innovating Internet Intelligence.                     /