BBIAgent questions

Paul Dickson plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 10:58:02 -0700

On Wed, 20 Feb 2002 10:53:49 -0500, Dan Aldrich wrote:

> Anyone on the list using BBIAgent? Been trying to get in running on an
> old 486/SX system w/ 32mb ram. The reason? It's an IBM Eduquest small
> footprint.
>
> What should a successful boot look like? Last line on the screen is:
> "RAMDISK: Compressed image found at block 520", then it hangs. I think.
>
> Tried pinging the system, but no luck, so I'm assuming the machine is
> hanging or I've got some unsupported NICs.

How about giving us more info, what are you try to boot.

If the image was compiled for a Pentium or higher it won't work on a 486.
RedHat ships 386 kernel while Mandrake ships 686, so try a standard RH
install disk.

The above line happen very early while booting, like the first couple
after LILO.  After there other lines?

	-Paul