Findin' devices mounted during boot up

DARREN BROWN plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 22:31:42 -0700

------=_NextPart_001_0001_01C1B8CC.0A1A00C0

Thank you for the help.  This type of information is very helpful.  I am =
looking forward to meeting some of you at an up coming meeting.  School w=
ill break soon, two more weeks, than off 'til March 11.

Regards,
Darren

a new friend to the family :-)
 =20
----- Original Message -----
From: DARREN BROWN
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2002 1:12 AM
To: PLUG-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Findin' devices mounted during boot up
 =20
I know this is a Linux Users Group, but I have a question based in Solari=
s 8.  I understand from my Linux class at DeVry that most Unix flavors as=
 similar to a point.  If this is true, than the way a device is mounted t=
o the OS may be similar to.
 =20
I am trying to mount a SCSI removable device after bootup.  I rcv an erro=
r stating 'drive is already mounted'.  When I bootup the system w/o power=
 applied to my device and apply power once the boot process is finished. =
 I can mount it to the system.  I do not want to apply power each time I =
boot, so how can I verify what device is mounted after the boot process i=
s completed?  What is/are the command(s) to perform this action or test t=
he hardware mounted?  Would this be similar in Solaris?
 =20
I understand how to do this in Windows(which I know is a real bad word in=
 here), but I don't understand how Linux/Unix talks to the hardware durin=
g the boot process.  I do understand how to mount a device from the CLI. =
 Please help?
 =20
 =20
Regards,
 =20
Darren

------=_NextPart_001_0001_01C1B8CC.0A1A00C0

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV>Thank you for =
the help.&nbsp;&nbsp;This type of information is&nbsp;very helpful.&nbsp;=
 I am looking forward to meeting some of you at an up coming meeting.&nbs=
p; School will break&nbsp;soon, two more weeks, than off 'til March 11.</=
DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Regards,</DIV> <DIV>Darren</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;<=
/DIV> <DIV>a new friend to the family :-)</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <BLOCKQ=
UOTE style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BO=
RDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"> <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10p=
t Arial">----- Original Message -----</DIV> <DIV style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4=
e4e4; FONT: 10pt Arial; COLOR: black"><B>From:</B> DARREN BROWN</DIV> <DI=
V style=3D"FONT: 10pt Arial"><B>Sent:</B> Monday, February 18, 2002 1:12 =
AM</DIV> <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt Arial"><B>To:</B> PLUG-discuss@lists.pl=
ug.phoenix.az.us</DIV> <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt Arial"><B>Subject:</B> Fi=
ndin' devices mounted during boot up</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>I know =
this is a Linux Users Group, but I have a question based in Solaris 8.&nb=
sp; I understand from my Linux class at DeVry that most Unix flavors as s=
imilar to a point.&nbsp; If this is true, than the way a device is mounte=
d to the OS may be similar to.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>I am trying t=
o mount a SCSI removable device after bootup.&nbsp; I rcv an error statin=
g 'drive is already mounted'.&nbsp; When I bootup the system w/o power ap=
plied to my device and apply power once the boot process is finished.&nbs=
p; I can mount it to the system.&nbsp; I do not want to apply power each =
time I boot, so how can I verify what device is mounted after the boot pr=
ocess is completed?&nbsp; What is/are the command(s) to perform this acti=
on or test the hardware mounted?&nbsp; Would this be similar in Solaris?<=
/DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>I understand how to do this in Windows(which=
 I know is a real bad word in here), but I don't understand how Linux/Uni=
x talks to the hardware during the boot process.&nbsp; I do understand ho=
w to mount a device from the CLI.&nbsp; Please help?</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</D=