Big, fast disk toys

Richard Daggett plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 16 Feb 2002 20:50:35 -0700

Howdy All

 Adaptec 2400A is a raid cable ATA solution and the Adaptec 39160 is a dual channel LVD scsi controller no raid.

 Adaptec 2400A:
 » i960RS based
 » Up to 128 MB memory support
 » 4-channel support up to 4 drives
 » Online capacity expansion

Affordable, full-featured ATA/100 RAID card for data protection. Ideal for PC server users looking to take advantage of advanced RAID features on ATA hard drives. The Adaptec ATA RAID 2400A card is a microprocessor-based RAID solution for PC server environments employing ATA hard drives. The Adaptec ATA RAID 2400A supports up to 4 drives, with transfer rates up to 100 MByte/sec per channel over 4 channels providing advanced RAID functionality at an affordable price. It is the ideal solution for those who want increased server capacity and performance. It offers state-of-the-art manageability features through Adaptec's Storage Manager Pro? software.

 Cost: $336.99

 Adaptec 39160:
 » Two (2) Independent Ultra 160 Channels for 320 MByte/sec performance (160 each).
 » 64-bit PCI (32 supported) for 266 MB/s throughput with MotherBoard.
 » SpeedFlex Technology ensures top performance of all connected devices, regardless of SCSI generation, and provides seamless backwards compatibility protecting legacy devices.
 » Two External connectors are 68-pin Very High Density for connection to LVD drives (also includes two internal LVD & one 50-pin standard internal connector).

 Cost: $349.99

Richard

http://www.insight.com/web/apps/productpresentation/index.php?alert=categoryresults&product_id=AD070531

http://www.insight.com/web/apps/productpresentation/index.php?product_id=AD622782