Linux bloating.

Kevin Brown plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 12:51:43 -0700

Smallest I've gotten RH 7.2 in is about 700MB, then had to compile a kernel and
QT from source and those added about 250MB.  I don't use KDE or Gnome (nice
features, but too bloated for an old P150).  I use IceWM and pipe it across my
network to the windows boxes thanks to Exceed.  I could get the install smaller,
but then I wouldn't be able to compile source code on the box.

Current count is about 280 rpms to get a functional RH Linux distro for me.