I know this can be done: IMAP, Procmail, SquirrelMail

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
12 Feb 2002 14:32:06 -0700

On Tue, 2002-02-12 at 14:06, Anthony Hologounis wrote:
> That seems to be the main benefit of IMAP. A centralized location for your
> email that can be accessed from any machine. I think its neat. I have used
> pine but not consistently. To check email remotely from the commandline its
> quick and clean. But I prefer a GUI for day to day useage.
>
> A client that works properly with respect to keeping NEW mail as NEW is what
> I'm looking for...I have over 25 mail folders that I use to sort mail via
> Procmail....I just want to be able to glance at the folder list and see how
> many new mails are waiting for me in eahc folder. So far with kmail and
> squirrelmail I dont get that visual gratification...I have to open each
> folder to see if there is anything new inside. That bites.

-----
Linux - I've used...
Evolution
Netscape Communicator
Mozilla
they all work fine

Windows
Eudora
Outlook 98/2000/I imagine XP but I haven't bought it.
Outlook Express
Netscape
Mozilla

Macintosh OSX
Eudora
Entourage (part of Office.X)
Mail.app does but it's weak - no option to hide specific files (i.e. dot
files)

Craig