MySQL

Kevin Brown plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 14:07:42 -0700

Find the lowest common denomiator of CPUs that you want to run the binaries on
and compile for that architecture (e.g. 386, 486, 586/Pentium, 686/Pentium II,
etc...).  If both boxes are running RH7.2 then it might be easy to check what is
installed on both to see why one can compile stuff and the other can't.

rpm -qa > system1 #can compile MySQL
rpm -qa > system2 #can't compile MySQL

diff -b system1 system2